Reviews

Reviews
Reviews

Favorites

Favorites
Favorites

Knowledge Series

Knowledge Series
Knowledge Series

The Luxury Look for Less

While I love high-end brands like Kjaer Weis and RMS Beauty, there are countless brands that offer high quality products that are way more affordable. Inspired by the vampy minimalism that is so characteristic of fall makeup, I decided to search for budget friendly alternatives to create a stunning look! After rummaging through my makeup collection, I picked out some amazing pieces that I absolutely love!

Parlo Cosmetic's Natural Mineral Foundation in Balsalm, Master Fix in Bare Ivory, Mineral Blush in Call Me Baby, Eye Shadows in Big Talk and Just Cause, and Tinted Lip Balm in Bordeaux; Glory Boon's Passport to Paradise Mineral Blush in Coconut Tree; Lily Lolo Mascara; and Silk Naturals Highlight in Fluff and Velvet Matte Lipstick in 90's.

I have obsessed over Jane Iredale's Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream all summer long, but I have had a stretch of good skin days recently and have transitioned back to my Parlo Cosmetic's Natural Mineral Foundation in Balsalm. This really is a fantastic, light base that diffuses imperfections beautifully and provides a gorgeous glow. As soon as you start buffing this powder into your skin, you will fall in love!

I popped the Master Fix in Bare Ivory from Parlo Cosmetics to conceal and highlight underneath my eyes, down the center of my nose, and at the center of my chin. I worked this in with a dense concealer brush. The silky texture of this product allows it to melt beautifully into the skin and it remains creaseless on me throughout the day!

As my bronzer and contour powder, I used Glory Boon's Passport to Paradise Mineral Blush in Coconut Tree. I bought this a few months ago and totally fell in love with it. It has a soft, matte finish that is perfect for fall! I applied this powder with a medium-sized fluffy brush around my temples, nose, and neck, as well as lightly into the hollows of my cheeks.

Parlo Cosmetics Master Fix in Bare Ivory, Lily Lolo Mascara, and Silk Naturals Velvet Matte Lipstick in 90's

To highlight, I went back to one of my absolute favorite products, Silk Naturals's light pink highlighter in Fluff. I used a small powder brush to lightly skim this across my cheekbones. I didn’t want anything too bright and evening inspired, so this provided a lovely, lit-from-within finish.

To the apples of my cheeks, I applied a bit of Call Me Baby from Parlo Cosmetics. All of Parlo's mineral blushes are beautifully pigmented and incredibly affordable! I used a fluffy blush brush to blend this powder onto the skin using light, circular motions.

On the eyes, I used my recently pressed Parlo Cosmetics mineral shadows (check out the post here) in Big Talk and Just Cause. I am always so impressed by the pigmentation of Parlo's shadows, as well as how easy they are to blend. I added Big Talk, a shimmery rose gold, to the inner half of my eyes and Just Cause, a metallic brown, to the outer half of my lids.

Parlo Cosmetics Eye Shadows in Big Talk and Just Cause and Tinted Lip Balm in Bordeaux

For mascara, I coated my top and bottom lashes with a generous amount of my favorite Lily Lolo Black Vegan Mascara. At $19.50 USD, this is the one product that you'll have to splurge on in this entire post. I just haven't been able to find a more affordable alternative that adds the same volume and thickness to my unruly lashes! I also dipped an angled liner brush into a bit this mascara to line my eyes.

Lastly, a serious favorite for the lips! I first applied Silk Naturals's Velvet Matte Lipstick in 90's.This deep, neutral nude with just a hint of reddish plum is so stunning and edgy! For an extra bit of dimension, I topped this with Bordeaux Tinted Lip Balm from Parlo Cosmetics.

How to get the luxury look for less

What affordable brands are you currently loving?

---

Don't forget that code blushingbme saves you 20% at Parlo Cosmetics!


*Some of the Parlo Cosmetics products featured in this post are affiliate samples. As always, however, I have presented my 100% honest opinion. I cannot, nor will I ever, accept compensation in exchange for a positive review.

No comments