Reviews

Reviews
Reviews

Favorites

Favorites
Favorites

Knowledge Series

Knowledge Series
Knowledge Series

Fruit Flavored Ice Cubes

I often mention that my skin is quite dry and that stems from the fact that I don't drink enough water. I don't dislike water, but I work in lab setting where food and drink are prohibited. On the weekends, I refrain from sipping throughout the day because I have the bladder of a small child and my husband and I are always out and about. Needless to say, it's very likely that I am chronically dehydrated and steadily turning into a prune :(

In an effort to get myself to drink more water, I have adopted the fruit infusion trend! These flavor packed ice cubes are super simple to make and can be stored in the freezer for quick access when you're on the go. Not only do they add a refreshing, bright flavor to your water, but they also have a myriad of antioxidant boosting health benefits! These cubes make drinking water irresistible!

Fruit water recipes

One of my secret tricks to spice up these cubes is to make them with fruit juice instead of water. Lemon, lime, and orange juices are perfect for crisp, citrusy summer drinks, but watermelon, cranberry, and pomegranate juices are also favorites of mine! You can also make them with coconut or maple water for a more subtle hint of flavor. I find that adding these cubes to sparkling water or your preferred cocktail is also a lovely way to customize your drink.

Fruit Flavored Ice Cubes

Here are some of my favorite concoctions:

  • Raspberry & Mint in Lemon Juice – I absolutely love raspberries, so this medley is one of my favorites! It is zingy, fresh, and perfect for summer!

  • Cucumber & Mint in Lemon Juice – This classic is so refreshing and using lemon juice really amps up the flavor!

  • Blueberries in Watermelon Juice – This combo is very light and hydrating!

  • Orange & Ginger – This delicious duo is bright and spicy! I love it!

  • Strawberry & Basil – The basil may seem odd, but it adds a sweet, lightly herbaceous flavor!

  • Blueberries in Lime Juice – This is another tasty classic!

  • Cranberry & Lime Juices – These two juices are a perfect match! There is a wonderful balance between tart and sweet with this dynamic duo! 

  • Blueberries in Pomegranate Juice – Packed with antioxidants, this concoction is fruity and delicious! 

  • Maple Syrup in Lemon Juice with a dash of Cayenne Pepper – This detoxifying mix is one of my all time favorites! Yum!


The combinations are endless! Have fun creating your own fruit flavored ice cubes!

No comments