Reviews

Reviews
Reviews

Favorites

Favorites
Favorites

Knowledge Series

Knowledge Series
Knowledge Series

Review: Kjaer Weis Lipstick

Kjaer Weis's stunning packaging is such a signature of this luxury green beauty brand and the new line of Lipsticks is certainly no exception! Made of white bronze, these chic, refillable bullets are both sturdy and sustainable. Unfortunately, they are also quite pricey! At $56 for 0.15 oz. (4.25 g) of product, these lipsticks are an investment. Kjaer Weis Lipstick Refills can be purchased for the reduced price of $36.


Review of Kjaer Weis Lipstick

Kjaer Weis Lipstick

Consistency + Finish

The formulation of these lipsticks is divine! Not only are they creamy, but the pigmentation is stunning! The texture is buttery, but not too soft, and they melt onto the lips with perfect opacity. I would say that the finish is semi-matte with a slight sheen. Packed with nourishing ingredients such as beeswax, jojoba seed oil, sweet almond oil, and rosa rubiginosa seed oil, these lippes are also incredibly moisturizing, but don't feel heavy or greasy on the lips. I love that their consistency is so smooth and velvety, yet they manage to feel weightless and lasts for hours. The addition of lemon peel oil also gives these lipsticks a lovely citrus scent.


Kjaer Weis Lipstick and Refills

Kjaer Weis Lipstick

Application

Because these lipsticks are so silky, they glide on beautifully! I enjoy using a lip scrub (I like this one from Treat Beauty) to polish my pout prior to applying lipstick so that my lips are smooth, plump, and good to go! I apply these gorgeous hues straight from their respective bullets, but you could also easily use a lip brush.


Kjaer Weis Lipstick

Ingredients

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil•, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax•, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter•, Cera Alba (Beeswax) •, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch•, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil•, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rose Hip) Seed Oil•, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil•, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Limonene*, Dextrin, Citral*, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide)

Note: These lipsticks contain beeswax and are pigmented with carmine; therefore, they are not considered vegan.

• organically grown
* naturally contained in the used essential oils


Kjaer Weis Lipstick in Honor
Honor

Kjaer Weis Lipstick in Empower
Empower

Swatches of Kjaer Weis Lipstick in Empower (top) and Honor (bottom)
Top to bottom: Empower & Honor

Wrap-Up

These lipsticks are gorgeous! Packed with clean, nourishing ingredients, these high-quality lipsticks are silky and moisturizing. The color range currently consists of just five hues, but they are all quite classic and should suit a variety of skin tones. I have Honor, a rich, nude pink, and Empower, a cool-toned hot pink. I love that the consistency of these seriously pigmented lippies is so smooth and velvety, yet feels weightless. They also last for hours! While I adore Kjaer Weis's characteristic refillable packaging, my one complaint about these lipsticks is that the tubes are a bit bulky. However, they do have a nice weight to them and protect the product nicely when you're on the go!

These lipsticks are definitely going to become staples in my green beauty arsenal and I can't wait for more colors to be released! 

Have you tried any of these new lipsticks from Kjaer Weis?


Wearing Kjaer Weis Lipstick in HonorWearing Kjaer Weis Lipstick in Honor
Wearing Kjaer Weis Lipstick in Honor

Review of Kjaer Weis Lipstick

No comments