Reviews

Reviews
Reviews

Favorites

Favorites
Favorites

Knowledge Series

Knowledge Series
Knowledge Series

Summer Weekend Essentials

My husband and I are constantly on the go in the summertime! Because we like to make the most of the beautiful weather, our weekends are jam-packed with activities. I put this travel bag together at the beginning of June and haven't unpacked it since! It's filled with multi-tasking summer essentials that I just adore!

Summer Weekend Essentials

Skincare

Osmia Organics Black Clay Facial Soap
  • Facial bar soaps may not be the easiest to travel with (I like to wrap mine in Abeego), but this product is a must have! The oils and butters in this soap are incredibly nutrient-rich! Not to mention, the inclusion of Black Australian clay and dead sea mud help balance and tone the skin. 

Pai Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream
  • I use this cream as my morning moisturizer just before applying makeup. It absorbs quickly, leaves my skin feeling velvety soft, and has a citrusy, floral scent. 

Osmia Organics Black Clay Facial Soap

Makeup

Alima Pure Natural Definition Eye Pencil in Paper
  • This is my go-to pencil for the waterline to create an eye-opening effect. You really can't go wrong with anything from Alima Pure!

Glory Boon Highlight in Sol
  • This stunning powder highlight is going to knock your socks off! It has a spectacular champagne shimmer that leaves my cheekbones with a healthy golden glow. This highlight makes for a gorgeous eye shadow too! Love it! 

Hurraw! Sun Balm
  • This silky balm has SPF 15 and a tangerine, vanilla scent that smells like dessert! 

Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream in BB3
  • This full coverage cream is so pigmented that I don't feel the need for concealer. It has a beautiful, luminous finish with SPF 25, which makes it perfect for summer! When I am looking for a little less coverage, I like to thin this cream out with a bit moisturizer (check out my previous post about How to Make Your Own Tinted Moisturizer).

Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Precious
  • Precious melts flawlessly into the skin and gives the cheeks a glowing flush of color that is gorgeous for spring and summer. With a luxuriously creamy texture, this pale coral blush blends evenly onto the skin for a natural, luminous finish that wears nicely throughout the day.

Lily Lolo Vegan Mascara
  • Hands down the best mascara that I have ever tried! 

Parlo Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in Strut
  • Yes, I am obsessed with this beautiful tinted balm! It's so easy to keep on hand and the pigmentation is gorgeous!

Parlo Cosmetics Natural Mineral Eye Shadow in Under the Break
  • This highly pigmented shadow is a gorgeous, vibrant green with a stunning shimmer that reflects light beautifully! Code blushingbme saves you 20% at Parlo Cosmetics!

RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer
  • This is my favorite bronzer of all time! I love blending it on my temples, around my hairline, and lightly across the bridge of my nose for a gorgeous summer glow! 

W3ll People Bio Brightener Invisible Powder
  • I use this superfine powder to set my concealer and create a nice, healthy radiance. I also dust it across the tops of my eyelids to set cream eye shadow. 

W3ll People Expressionist Mascara in Blue
  • The color of this mascara is not as vibrant as it is in the tube, but it brightens the eyes in a way that adds interest to the face. I will often apply this on top of my Lily Lolo mascara to create a sultry dark blue that is perfect for nighttime.

Pai Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream, Osmia Organics Black Clay Facial Soap; Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream in BB3; Alima Pure Natural Definition Eye Pencil in Paper; Parlo Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in Strut; Parlo Cosmetics Natural Mineral Eye Shadow in Under the Break; Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Precious; W3ll People Expressionist Mascara in Blue; Lily Lolo Vegan Mascara; RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer; Glory Boon Highlight in Sol; Hurraw! Sun Balm; W3ll People Bio Brightening Powder; Suntegrity Natural Mineral Sunscreen for Body; Zoe Organics Insect Repellent; CleanWell Hand Sanitizer; Yarok Feed Your Style Dry Shampoo; Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray

Body

CleanWell Hand Sanitizer
  • I carry hand sanitizer with me at all times and this one works via active botanicals and comes in a convenient spray. I prefer the Orange Vanilla scent as I find the herbaceous aroma of the Original version to be a bit overpowering. 

Suntegrity Natural Mineral Sunscreen for Body
  • I am incredibly pale and douse myself in sunscreen whenever outdoor activities are on the agenda. This sunscreen is moisturizing and doesn’t leave behind a ghostly white cast. 

Zoe Organics Insect Repellent
  • This bug spray consists entirely of organic botanical oils that detract bugs so that you can enjoy your time outside without having to worry about pesky bites.

Hair

Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray

  • Sea salt spray is a summer staple for achieving tousled, beachy waves. This spray is packed with organic aloe vera gel and sea kelp extract to provide moisture without the crunch. The inclusion of natural gold mica also adds a subtle shimmer.

Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray

  • This hair spray is perfect for taming flyaways and summer frizz! While it can dry a little hard if you get too much in one spot (this can be solved by a quick brush out), this spray is never sticky or flaky. 

Yarok Feed Your Style Dry Shampoo
  • This dry shampoo keeps the grease ball look under control, pumps up the volume, helps hold hairstyles in place, and has a lovely lavender-citrus scent.

What are your summer weekend essentials?


*The Parlo Cosmetics products featured in this post are affiliate samples. As always, however, I have presented my 100% honest opinion. I cannot, nor will I ever, accept compensation in exchange for a positive review.

No comments