Reviews

Reviews
Reviews

Favorites

Favorites
Favorites

Knowledge Series

Knowledge Series
Knowledge Series

Natural Bridal Makeup

I married the love of my life six months ago today. Although I am clearly obsessed with all things green beauty, I really didn’t have a plan when I sat down to do my makeup on the day of our wedding. I ended up spreading my arsenal of products out on the table and simply reaching for the what I love. While I certainly do not recommend this strategy for everyone, I couldn’t have been happier with the classic, elegant look that I ended up with. Here is a tribute to the makeup that I wore on that special day:

Vapour Organic Beauty Stratus Luminous Instant Skin Perfector

After moisturizing, prep the skin by applying this straight from the stick to the forehead, chin, and nose. Then use your fingertips to tap the product you just applied into the skin to fill in any unhappy pores and create a nice, smooth canvas. You can also use your fingertips to add a touch of this product to your eyelids to help prime for shadow.

W3ll People Elitist Eyeshadow Powder Shimmer

To compliment my blue eyes, I focused #83, Luminous Copper, toward the outer corners of my eyes and #812, Gold Twinkle toward the inner corners. I find that the key to any eye look is to blend with a fluffy brush until your hand hurts. Refer back to my post about color theory to select the perfect shadows for your eye color and skin tone.

W3ll People Elitist Eyeshadow in #83, Luminous Copper, Alima Pure Natural Definition Eye Pencil in Paper, and RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer

W3ll People Hypnotist Eyepencil

For a soft, romantic look, give brown eyeliner a try. Tightly follow your lashline with this pencil for a subtle emphasis that will both define your eyes and make your lashes look fuller. You can also smudge this eyeliner at the outer corners of your eyes for a more dramatic effect. Make sure to brush off any eyeshadow fallout before proceeding with your foundation.

RMS Living Luminizer

To amp up your bridal glow, apply Living Luminizer to the high points of your face using your fingers or a sponge. Placing this product underneath your foundation will provide you with a beautiful radiance that won't look harsh in photographs.

Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation

This foundation wears exceptionally well. I recommend bouncing on a thin layer with a sponge and then adding more product as necessary. Check out my full review of this foundation here.

Vapour Organic Beauty Stratus Luminous Instant Skin Perfector in 902, Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in Lightness, and W3ll People Expressionist Mascara in Black

Vapour Organic Beauty Illusionist Concealer

Apply this straight from the stick and then blend out using your fingers or a sponge. Illuminate the eye area by applying in a triangle underneath your eyes.

RMS Buriti Bronzer

Lightly tap this bronzer onto your temples, around your hairline, and lightly across the bridge of your nose to warm up your complexion. I often use a stippling brush with this product, but use whatever works best for you. For those of you with beautiful, dark skin, try using this bronzer as a highlight. The sophisticated gold shimmer will add a lovely radiance to the skin.

Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Embrace & Happy

Yes, two blushes. The goal here is to establish a natural flush and then add a flirty pop of color on the apples of the cheeks. With a light hand, apply Embrace with your fingers or a sponge. Go back in with Happy (this color is stunning!) for extra oomp!

Kjaer Weis Cream Blushes in Embrace (pale pink) and Happy (bright pink)

W3ll People Bio Brightener Invisible Powder

Set all of your cream products by pressing this powder into the skin with a sponge or with a big fluffy brush.

Alima Pure Natural Definition Eye Pencil in Paper

Apply this soft white eyeliner to your waterline for a bright, eyeopening effect.

W3ll People Expressionist Mascara

Curl your lashes and then apply a generous coat or two of this mascara. Be sure to wiggle the brush back and forth to really pump up the volume.

Axiology Lipstick in Philosophy
Finish your look with your favorite lipstick. This nourishing lipstick from Axiology is a beautiful soft pink with a hint of coral. To help kiss-proof your lipcolor, use your finger to press a little bit of the W3ll People Powder Bio Brightener Invisible Powder on top of your lipstick.

Photo courtesy of Lauren Termini Photography

There you have it! Your natural beauty enhanced with natural products! 

I hope you love the final look!


No comments