Reviews

Reviews
Reviews

Favorites

Favorites
Favorites

Knowledge Series

Knowledge Series
Knowledge Series

Review: Vapour Organic Beauty's Siren Lipstick in Desire

I am constantly on the hunt for the perfect natural pink lipstick. When I got a look at the extensive color range of Siren Lipsticks from Vapour Organic Beauty, I knew that I had to give one of their gorgeous pink shades a try. I decided on Desire, a warm rosy pink, and have been testing it out for the last few weeks. In addition to the fact that this lipstick is 100% natural, 70% organic, and manufactured using wind power, the formulation is beautiful!

Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Desire

Vapour’s Siren Lipsticks are packaged in sleek, blueish-purple recyclable tubes that snap to a close with ease. Unfortunately, I do have to note that while I was taking photographs for this review, my tube broke :( The notched metal locking-ring and washer from the base of the tube were not properly secured and ultimately got stuck in the cap. Although it was an easy fix to put the tube back together, this now happens every time that I use the product. This is not a complete deal breaker because I do enjoy the lipstick itself, but I expect more for $25 (0.11 oz/3.11 g).

Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick packaging break

Desire has a gorgeous pink hue with a touch of coral that instantly brightens the face. Although this shade is slightly warm-toned, it is neutral enough to compliment a variety of skin tones. The texture of this lipstick is quite firm and it initially tugs at the lips upon application. However, it glides on with ease straight from the tube as it warms up a bit. There is also a subtle fruity scent that I find pleasant. Once on the lips, this lipstick has a smooth, silky texture that leaves the lips feeling nicely moisturized. It is also so comfortable to wear that I often forget that I have this lipstick on. It has excellent pigmentation and staying power, and an understated glossy finish that doesn't feel sticky or cakey. When it does start to wear off, it does so evenly. I showered with this lipstick on and the thin layer that was left behind afterward still looked amazing!

Swatch of Vapour Organic Beauty's Siren Lipstick in Desire

Blushing BME applying Vapour Organic Beauty's Siren Lipstick in Desire

Packaging mishap aside, the formulation of this lipstick is wonderful and I am excited to check out some additional colors!
Blushing BME wearing Vapour Organic Beauty's Siren Lipstick in Desire

Have you tried any of Vapour Organic Beauty’s Siren Lipsticks?

Ingredients: Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Castor Isostearate Beeswax Succinate*, Mica, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic, Prunus Domesticus (Plum) & Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Flavor Oil, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Organic Camelina Sativa Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Organic Rosa Damascena (Rose) Buds, Organic Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Extract, Wildcrafted Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Gum, Stevia Rebaudiana (Stevia) Leaf Extract, [+/–: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)]
* Eco Cert Ingredient

No comments