Reviews

Reviews
Reviews

Favorites

Favorites
Favorites

Knowledge Series

Knowledge Series
Knowledge Series

Review: Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser

When it comes to face cleansers, I search for nourishing products that don’t leave my skin feeling stripped of its natural oils (Check out my post about sebum). I also stick to cleansers that make my skin actually feel clean and not left with any sort of residue. After falling in love with Tata Harper’s Nourishing Oil Cleanser (review here), I decided to try out the brand‘s Regenerating Cleanser. Needless to say, this product is just as wonderful as I had imagined!

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser

Description

This cleanser is packed full of wonderful ingredients! To highlight just a few, aloe makes this product soothing and hydrating, while the addition of fresh pomegranate enzymes help dissolve buildup in the pores. What I didn’t realize about this cleanser when I purchased it is that it contains microspherical beads and apricot seed powder that give it a slightly gritty texture. These exfoliants gently polish the skin, providing just enough abrasion to thoroughly clean without being harsh or disrupting the skin’s balance. I also like the fact that it doesn't leave a residue behind, just silky, glowing skin. I know that this sounds strange, but I find that this cleanser’s subtle, citrusy scent is reminiscent of Fruit Loops cereal. I think perhaps it’s the combination of grapefruit, pomegranate, citral, and limonene that produces this effect.

Application

This product works incredibly well with the Nourishing Oil Cleanser to enrich my dry, sensitive skin. First, I apply the Regenerating Cleanser directly to my face without any water. After gently massaging it over my face to polish the skin’s surface, I rinse with warm water and pat my face dry. I then apply one pump of Tata Harper's Nourishing Oil Cleanser, wet my hands, and work the product over my skin in upward, circular motions to remove any residual makeup and dissolve any remaining buildup in my pores. Another rinse and I’m good to go!

Ingredients

Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetearyl olivate, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Sorbitan olivate, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) seed powder, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) peel extract, Leuconostoc ferment filtrate (radish root extract), Oryza sativa (Rice) extract*, Lactobacillus/Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit ferment extract, Salix alba (Willow) bark extract*, Kaolin (Rose Clay), Sclerotium gum, Coco-glucoside, Cetearyl glucoside, Cetyl palmitate, Sorbitan palmitate, Soybean peroxidase, Superoxide dismutase, Sodium phytate, Aroma**, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

*Ingredients from organic farming

**Clinical grade essential oils blend

Wrap-up

This award-winning cleanser definitely lives up to the hype! It easily removes makeup and effectively polishes the skin, producing a fresh, beautiful glow. Although I find that the citrus scent is lovely and quite subtle, please beware that the scent can be too strong for some people. While researching this product, I came across several reviews in which people found the scent to be too potent. If you know that you are sensitive to certain aromas, I recommend seeking out a sample or purchasing a Try-Me Kit from Tata Harper before committing to the full-sized cleanser.  The Try-Me Kit is also a great way to determine which products are best suited to the needs of your skin. I should also note that I found several complaints about the pump provided with this cleanser, but I haven't had any issues. While I would repurchase it in the future, this product is prohibitively expensive ($40 for 1.7 fl. oz., 50 ml or $78 for 4.1 fl. oz., 125 ml). However, the quality of this cleanser is exceptional and you can find it on sale every now and again. Price aside, I am addicted to how smooth and silky it leaves my skin!

If you are looking to pamper yourself or someone else, this product is truly luxurious and packed full of natural, nutrient-rich ingredients. With Mother's Day approaching, I think that this cleanser would make the perfect, indulgent gift! 

Have you tried any Tata Harper products?

No comments